Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Wednesday 11 July 2012

The Daintree

We were fortunate to spend a day in the World Heritage designated Daintree Rainforest and Cape Tribulation as well as a few other nice spots.

We travelled first to Mossman Gorge

then by boat down the Daintree River to one of the oldest rainforests 

where we saw iguanas

and 40 metre high fig trees that grow from the canopy down  and are hollow inside

The rainforest extends right to the beautiful beaches
and we were lucky to see the elusive and rare Cassowary beside the road on our way home

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

My aunt lives in Wonga Beach, just 10 minutes north of Mossman Gorge. Magical area, isn't it ?