Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Thursday 26 July 2012

The proposal


I wrote earlier about our amazing dinner under the stars of the southern sky near the red rock.  The experience was recommended to Andrea by someone she met on the flight.  Although the four of us did almost every other adventure on the trip together, Jason insisted that he and Andrea have a ‘date night’ alone, so they went the night after us.
Keith and I kept the experience and our awe to ourselves. We were reading in our bunk beds (the only accommodation available) when they returned and both stood there looking at us, then looking at each other.  I said “So, did you enjoy it?”  Andrea replied “Yes and Jason asked me to marry him!” 

So under the the Milky Way and the Southern Cross , in the shadows of Uluru and Kata Tjuta and  accompanied by the didgeree doo Jason proposed. It was their second last night in Australia and he had been carrying the ring around with him the whole trip. Quite a feat under normal circumstances but especially since they shared luggage with one bag for clothes etc. and one for scuba gear.  Apparently the people at their table were thrilled, celebrated with them and the men expressed their relief that they were already married saying they couldn’t top that proposal.
So, I have a further connection to this place and another reason to return to Canada.

1 comment:

Katharine said...

How perfect, Cynthia. Congratulations to all of you for this happy news.