Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Sunday 1 July 2012

Remembering Zazu


Our dear companion and family member Zazu left this world on Saturday.

We'll miss his loyalty, he was the first one to greet you and on the foot of your bed when you were sick.
An 'only child' he played with his toys and enjoyed meeting new friends, mostly of the larger size at the dog park.  He thought he was much larger.
He had spunk.
I dedicate this poem to him and to Andrea.

My best friend closed his eyes last night,
As his head was in my hand.
The Vet said he was in pain,
And it was hard for him to stand.

The thoughts that scurried through my head,
As I cradled him in my arms.
Were of his younger, puppy years,
And OH...his many charms.

Today, there was no gentle nudge
With an intense "I love you gaze",
Only a heart thats filled with tears
Remembering our joy filled days.

But an Angel just appeared to me,
And he said, "You should cry no more,
GOD also loves our canine friends,
HE's installed a 'doggy-door"!

From Heaven’s Doggy Door by Jan Cooper 1995

2 comments:

Katharine said...

Dear Cynthia and Andrea,
I know the loss of a dear and beloved family pet, a familiar. When I journeyed last year, I got word from my husband that our Lady dog was ailing seriously and might not make it until my return. I went to the sacred pilgrimage site of Palermo and prayed for her. was fortunated to see her upon my return, and did have several weeks before it was her time. For that I was blessed. For their lives we are blessed. Such love, such teachers. We are blessed.

May all beings, human and non human, be well and happy, be free from suffering, be in peace.
Namaste, dear Zazu, dear Cynthia, dear Amdrea.

gail said...

Sorry to hear about Zazu. Cody still looks for him each time we pass your house.