Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Friday 6 July 2012

Sydney



Sydney didn’t disappoint. 
We arrived at our hotel in Manly to find out that the Q in Q Station stood for Quarantine. We were staying at the place where 100 years ago immigrants with smallpox, Spanish Flu and other infectious diseases were kept before being allowed into Sydney Harbour.  

We had our first dinner sitting outside watching surfers and kayakers. 

The next day we awoke to a baby Kookaburra welcoming us outside our rooms.
We went into Sydney and visited the Museum of Modern Art, browsed the stalls at Paddy’s Market, had lunch in Chinatown, walked around the Botanical Gardens and Darlington Harbour, BBQ’d our fish and steaks at a hybrid pub then attended the Sydney Symphony at the architecturally amazing Opera House and enjoyed Tchaikovsky’s Pathetique.   

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Sydney is one of my favourite cities in the world -- and in my next life, I am going to be a Manly Beach surfer.