Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Thursday 22 March 2012

Awesome

Finding an ITunes card in your Xmas stocking from last year…and it still works. Awesome!
Finding in Adelaide that toasted coconut chocolate bar you had once but couldn't find again. Awesome!
An e-mail from work to say that the salary on the contract you just signed was too low and here is a new one. Awesome!
These are my personal and real takes on the stories in "The Book of Awesome" by Neil Pasricha . The author started off with a blog of these 'little things' and turned it into two bestselling books. His include "picking up q and u at the same time in Scrabble" and "Bakery air" and even "taking your bra off after wearing it for hours" and he's a man!
I highly recommend it. As one of the reviewers states on the back cover "THE AWESOME PART about the Book of Awesome is the realization that if you enjoy the simple moments in your life, you will be happier." I agree!

No comments: