Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Saturday 17 March 2012

Unique things in Aussie


Although its not so different here than Canada, there are a few unique things I've never seen before.
Here’s one.  Cross walks that only go halfway across the road.  You press the button to get to the middle then have to press another button and wait to get across the next three lanes. 

And since cars have the right of way (don’t expect them to stop for you, if they do they’re tourists) you can wait a long time.
I can’t figure this one out.  Actually I do have an idea, but if I write it you'll think I'm crazier than you already do!   
It makes no sense especially when only two blocks away there's a cross walk where you can walk completely across the road (well almost , you only get halfway when the red man starts flashing).   
You get what I'm thinking?!
This is especially dangerous when you’re on a bike and you get stuck on an island in the middle of 8 lanes of traffic that's not large enough to accommodate the length of your bike! 
I don’t ride that way anymore.

No comments: