Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Saturday 3 March 2012

Exercising in Adelaide



I am finally feeling settled.  So, I decided it was time for some exercise (not that I don't get some walking everywhere!).  I headed out around 8am yesterday while it was still cool. I came to an outdoor gym in a park. Although there is no resistance on the machines it did stretch my muscles. 
I then jogged some more and needed a bathroom.  Instead of heading home another park had an ‘Exeloo’.   These are in most neighbourhood parks. You press a button, the door opens and a voice says "you have 10 minutes to use the facility...". It is all stainless steel, spotless, directions in brail, and automatic. You press for toilet paper and only a few sheets are dispensed. When you put your hands in the sink, depending where you place them the soap, water or hand dryer is activated.  Once this happens the toilet flushes. Oh and the whole time the song “What the World Needs Now, is Love” is on the intercom.   When you leave the interior is flushed down.  

This morning I went for a swim at the YMCA.  This one is much fancier than the Edmonton locations and has a FINA approved swimming pool, or should I say pools, as there are 5!  They even have a store in the lobby with Y Gear.  The Australian Olympic Finals will be held there this month.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Love the bathroom pics! Jason was shocked that you only get 10 minutes :)