Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Thursday 16 February 2012

1%


According to the guide book 1%, or the privileged few, visitors to the Freycinet National Park have the rare opportunity to see the stunning coastline which we experienced today and yesterday.  We heard something similar from our guide while doing the ice walk in Maligne Canyon, Jasper a few years ago. He said that less than 5% of visitors to Jasper National Park venture more than 10 metres off the highway. Besides beautiful coastline we also saw lots of caves, blow holes and arches as below.
We do feel privileged by what we have experienced in Tassie, what the locals call the state.
We have passed yellow signs with animals on them announcing crossings. In NZ it was the Kiwi. Here we have seen the kangaroo, wombat, Tasmanian Devil and today a penguin!




No comments: