Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Wednesday 15 February 2012

We're in BC?!

Another wonderful day in a wonderful land.

This morning we purchased a coffee from a fellow wearing a t-shirt with a Haida whale on it. He told us that his wife and her family are from Vancouver Island and he has been there many times. He went on to say that Tasmania is similar to BC. We would agree.
We continued down the road to a place called Sheffield that had been a lumber town but had gone bust. Someone in the town heard of Chemainus, BC and the wall murals. So the walls were painted with scenes of the town's history and tourism became the main industry.
We continued on the highway to a place you would not find in BC. A wildlife park with kangaroo, wombats, crocodiles, parrots, kookaburra and the fabled Tasmanian Devil. Despite their bad rap and apparent ferocity they appeared adoreable and cuddly!

No comments: