Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Saturday 4 February 2012

The real aquarium

We went scuba diving today off the coast of Pahia. The first dive was at a place called White Reef and the second dive we went around the reef and in a cave beside Putahataha Island. There isn’t the coral that we see in the Caribbean and the water was cooler but the fish are similar but much friendlier…too friendly. One in particular tried to eat my camera several times. There were blue tangs, crayfish, sand dagger ras, demoiselles, snapper, sweeps etc. and the ocean floor was covered with yellow kelp plants swaying in the current. The place is overrun with sea urchins as you will see in the photos. As usual the dive masters were not locals but a Brit and a Scot! We had a fun group and two people had the same camera and waterproof case as me. They gave me some tips for good photos, so enjoy.
v>

No comments: