Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Thursday 16 February 2012

Top Ten


We spent most of the day at one of the top ten beaches in the world, Wineglass Bay.  We hiked in Freycinet National Park over an isthmus to the beach.  We needed to cool off so we jumped in the crashing surf then had a picnic on the rocks. Where else can you see Bottlenosed dolphin, wallabies who come up to you looking for food, and a variety of exotic birds including terns, gannets without paying an entrance fee? And, if you are willing to pay you get to see native blue fairy penguins,
The multi-coloured gum trees are eye catching and everywhere with skinks (small salamander type reptiles) on the dead ones.  
I love Tasmania. It is wild and vast, has pastoral fields full of sheep, stunning mountains that rise out of nowhere,  lots of take your breath away coastline with warm ocean water, cool animals and great hiking trails.  





No comments: