Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Two Worlds

We started today waking up in a big old Victorian mansion in Warkworth, a small town with a very British feel. We then spent the morning at Sheepworld learning all about shearing the sheep and feeding the lambs then watching the dogs round them up. "Ba -ram -u" kept repeating in my brain. Leaving there around noon we travelled south through Auckland to Rotorua, a geothermal lake area in the centre of the north island. In some ways it was like travelling back in time. We were picked up at our hotel and taken to the Mitai Tribal grounds for dinner (Hangi). The food was wonderful, and Keith enjoyed the lamb! We were treated to a show of Maori singing, dancing (Haka), tribal traditions and history followed by a walk in the verdant and alive forest where we saw a spring, glow worms, thermal pools, Seqouia trees (brought from California) and for the finale, the elusive, rare and nocturnal kiwi bird.

No comments: