Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Sunday 19 February 2012

Back to Reality


We landed in Adelaide last night and my landlord was at the airport to greet us holding up a paper with my name on it. She is very kind and friendly. We arrived at the townhouse and it looked pretty much like the photos. However (of course there is always the however) I was assured there was air conditioning and there is but not upstairs where the bedrooms are and it was 30oC at 9 pm.  The internet cable is in the garage but not connected. This house is new and these two features are not yet complete. 
I was feeling very much like I'd stepped off one of the magnicent cliffs in Tasmania and was in midair not knowing what to do or where to go.  I had no way to connect with my friends who had the luggage we left here earlier.
So we went shopping!  We bought a fan for the bedroom and a stick that connects me to the internet in the neighbourhood. I also connected my cell phone and now have a local number. 
I am feeling like I am back on terra firma.  
There's more good news.  I have a nice roommate from Nigeria who is doing her Masters at the same University.  Our friends popped over with our luggage so we could get settled.  The house is nice and roomy with all the amenities, even a washing machine so we caught up on our laundry, a major shopping centre is a 5 minute walk away and the bus to the Uni is there.        

1 comment:

roxy said...

I am enjoying your blog cynthia - glad to hear you are settled in, after your glorious (truly - it sounds awesome) holiday ... already adventures and now here's more to come!