Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Sunday 26 February 2012

What a difference a week makes


I have:
some new friends;
a nice place to live;
a cell phone number;
spent a week at school;
a space to work on campus;
an idea for my dissertation topic;
a student card;
made my way around the city on the bus;
and
applied for an Australian bank account. 

Today I went downtown for the first time on the tram. I poked around some of the Adelaide Fringe Festival, the third largest in the world after Edmonton. Here is a photo of a pedestrian mall in the downtown.

 And I am feeling better after Skyping with Keith and Stef!

1 comment:

Katharine said...

Hi Cynthia
Your post reminds me that I think I came up with a similar posting a while back. Good to know you are finding your way, making friends, having fun. And yes, thank goodness for skype....not sure I could have done my journey with out it.
(Don't get this blogging platform because I can't see or read the community of commentors who are holding you from afar.)
Was process painting this weekend with some of our friends...we are becoming a tribe and look forward to you joining us when you're home.
Katharine