Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Monday 27 February 2012

On the move again

 
Those of you who know me know that I had lived in the same house in Edmonton for 25 years! 
Well now I have moved three times in 10 days! 
Today I moved into a home that is much less expensive, in the same convenient neighbourhood, the only other person living here is the owner, a woman my age, and it is cooler - I have air conditioning (it hit 41oC on the weekend) and heating for the cold winters I have been warned about.
The neighbourhood is called Seacombe Gardens. I like the name.  It is 3 blocks to the University bus and a large shopping mall that has everything I need. 
The house has a beautiful garden with a lavender hedge out the front and pink oleander, geranium, hibiscus, other flowering shrubs and palms in the backyard.  Like many homes in Australia the attached garage opens to the backyard and there is a covered outdoor eating area off the kitchen.
And it is quiet!
I hope to be here for awhile.  Moving is stressful, I am tired, good night.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Hi Cynthia - We'll have to share tips for coping with heat -- It is in the high 30's here in Botswana. Your new place sounds lovely ! Stephanie