Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Thursday 9 February 2012

On Yer Bike

...is the name of the self-directed cycling wine tour we took today in Hawkes Bay near Napier. We were provided with a bicycle with basket, helmet, boxed lunch, water bottle and map. We stopped at seven wineries and did a wine tasting at six. Keith drinks red and the popular red wine of the region is Syrah also known as Shiraz in Australia. I drink white and there is alot of selection, both oaked and unoaked Chardonnay, Arneis and Viognier. Although I am not usually a fan of Chardonnay the wine of this region is delicious. We both enjoyed the Roses and we also tried a lovely dessert wine not unlike ice wine called a Noble Viognier. Each winery was different and the Someliers were welcoming and educated us on the various grapes. It was a full day and lots of fun!

No comments: