Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog

I created this space to post my thoughts and photos. It began in 2012 with my travels to New Zealand, Tasmania and living and studying in Australia then continued back to Canada with my return home to Edmonton and moving to Victoria, British Columbia. Join me on the journey. Post a comment!

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Shopping in Adelaide

So here I am with time on my hands and a need to shop for groceries and necessities.
I usually come home from school around 6 and my bus stops at a large 3 story shopping centre.
Great, time to kill, wander around and browse - not!
All the stores close at 5 every day except Thursdays. That's right, they're not even open Friday night!
Grocery stores, Woolworths (yes, you read it right) and KMart are open until 9 most evenings but nothing else. Oh and yes they do have Target here but not with the same American products.
I don't know what teenagers here do for part-time jobs.  Perhaps their need to shop is less than Canadians as they all wear school uniforms. 
The other night I was walking through the empty mall and there were two gaming stores full of young men playing games at tables?!

 Here is a photo of something I found amusing. I don't think this name would go over well in America! 

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Check out my post, Shopping in Gaborone. There is a picture there in tribute to you ! - Stephanie

Patrick said...

Hi Cynthia,
Great post/blog - not too sure how I stumbled across it ...the web is a wonderful thing...
just out of interest ...what makes you say 'the athletes foot' would go down well in the US as a brand name? ...humour ...or some sort of special stigma? I wonder if thats it..
plus what are you studying that has brought you to the other side of the world?
have a great day
cheers, patrick

Cynthia said...

Patrick and other non-Americans. Athlete's Foot is the (North American) name for a fungus found on the soles of your feet. If you have it you are not to walk barefoot in public places etc.
No suprise that I am studying public health eh?
C :)